J.D., magna cum laude, Michigan State University College of Law, 1997
Member, Law Review 1996-1997
B.S., Wayne State University, 1994
K. Dino Kostopoulos
K. Dino Kostopoulos is the founder and managing partner of KORO. Dino is a unique attorney in that he has extensive first-chair experience in both high-stakes "bet the company" litigation as well handling complex multi-national transactional matters. Dino represents clients in a variety of industries including international franchisors, auto suppliers, private equity firms and regularly acts as general counsel to several small and middle market companies. He has been regularly recognized by his peers as a top lawyer by Michigan Super Lawyers and dBusiness both in the areas of commercial litigation and franchise law.
- Acts as outside ‘general counsel’ to several hi-tech and closely held companies, including franchisors with over 1000 international units.
- Extensive experience representing domestic and international franchisors in a variety of actions and proceedings nationwide, including franchisee terminations and the enforcement of post-termination covenants as well as compliance matters.
- Wide spectrum of experience ranges from representing Fortune 500 businesses in complex multi-jurisdiction litigation to counseling closely held businesses, financial institutions, private equity firms, entrepreneurs and start-ups concerning a wide range of formation, governance, securities, financing, mergers and acquisitions matters.
- Extensive experience addressing debtor-creditor issues and receiverships in state, federal and bankruptcy courts involving commercial enterprises and income producing real estate.
- Extensive experience in a wide variety of capital raising transactions representing investors, as well as various parties in a variety of corporate, securities and financial transactions. His practice includes representation of issuers in connection with venture capital transactions, shareholder and other equity holder agreements, private placements and secured and unsecured loan transactions.
- Extensive experience in handling complex business and commercial litigation matters, in state, federal and bankruptcy courts throughout the Midwest, with particular emphasis in loan workouts, contract disputes, shareholder disputes, business break-ups, trademark/Lanham Act claims, franchise disputes, sales commissions claims and disputes involving automotive concerns, particularly supplier-manufacturer disputes.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of real estate matters, including transactional, financing and litigation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Michigan, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2014-2018 in the areas of Franchise Law, Business Law and Commercial Litigation
- dBusiness Top Lawyer, 2014-2018 in the area of Franchise Law
- Fellow, Michigan State Bar Foundation
- Member Since: 2009-present
- Fellow, Oakland County Bar Association
- Member since 2013-present
- State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Litigation Section
- Patron, Michigan State Bar Foundation
- Member, Macomb County Bar Association
- Member, Oakland County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Member, Franchise Law; Commercial and Business Law Sections
- Gray's Reef (Supporting Children's Leukemia Foundation of Michigan)
- Board Member
- Children's Hospital of Michigan Foundation
- Advisor, Fundraising and Development Committee
- St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church
- Trustee, Endowment Fund
- Serves as Case Evaluator in Oakland and Macomb County Circuit Courts
- Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker, State of Michigan