University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., Cum Laude, 1997
- National Moot Court
- Bankruptcy Clinic Director
University of Michigan,
B. A., Spanish and Political Science, 1993
- Year Abroad – University of Seville, Spain
Brian C. Summerfield
Brian C. Summerfield handles commercial, construction, real estate, and tort litigation matters. During the foreclosure crisis, he supervised a team responding to a significant increase in suits against mortgage lenders, servicers, and brokers, which included investigation into fraudulent lending activities.
Before joining KORO, Brian was a partner in the litigation group of a large Detroit-based law firm, which he joined after serving as a senior trial attorney with the United States Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps. During his service in the military, Brian represented service members in courts-martial, clinical privilege hearings, and administrative discharge boards. He received several awards and decorations while in the Navy, including the National Defense Service Medal, two Navy Commendation Medals and the Navy Achievement Medal.
Brian is President-Elect of the Detroit Bar Association and a Trustee of the Detroit Bar Association Foundation. He also is President of the Grosse Pointe Public School System Board of Education.
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2018, Litigation-Real Estate
Professional AND COMMUNITY Involvement
- Grosse Pointe Public School System Board of Education, President
- Detroit Bar Association Foundation, Trustee
- Detroit Bar Association, President-Elect
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. Courts-Martial
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern and Western District of Michigan